Sunday, May 28, 2006

Killing time

You guys are gonna love this.... the first post back after a long hiatus, and the thing I`m gonna talk about is the thing that interests you folks the least... Linux. Yay!
Reason being, I`m writing this while monitoring a new install of Suse Linux
on the ol` craptop. Suse will be about the 5th or 6th major linux distro i have tried, and I have high hopes for it (hopes destined to be dashed, I fear). Parsix got too hinkey, especially concerning my sound drivers, Mepis wouldn`t recognize my Wifi card, Tao and a host of others refused to see NTFS partitioned drives (which rendered all of my data inaccessible). I even tried a distro called Gentoo, which is acknowledged to be difficult even by veteran Linux users. It was too much for me.
We`ll see how this goes...its gonna take two or three hours to run through the install...

But, I have wine to drink! Today is the big wine tasting party at Mercado. Hooray!
Let you know all about it when I get back!

No comments: