Friday, July 06, 2007

Yup. Its hot.

The rainy season is in full effect here in the LotRS, meaning horrid humid muggy fatmans underpants weather until about the middle of July. We're enduring it as best we can, but the weather makes for difficult sleeping. We have AC in the living room, but the bedroom is au natural. After a week of waking up dripping wet at three in the morning, we got a fan. Problem solved, right? Wrong.
Fan Death!

Its a ridiculous korean superstition, or urban myth, or what have you.... but K adheres to it as well, as does her mother. Which means that I get my fan cut off at about 3 am....so I wake up sweating at about 5 instead. It is an improvement, but not so much as I'd hoped.

We're headed off to Kobe for the weekend with her mom and dad. I'm not especially thrilled, seeing as how Kobe is a Mecca for Japanese tourists because of it's international flavor...the same flavor that makes it a bit dull for international travelers. The food should be great though, and Daddy is picking up the tab...so I'm gonna make the best of it!

No comments: