Monday, December 15, 2008

Horrors!

A tragedy has struck here in the LotRS. Possibly due to the economic downturn, or to general holiday ennui, a terrible event has unfolded at the local (and only) good bar here in Tsu.

A big screen TV has been installed over the bar at Hatchs.

All us foreign types usually congregate at Hatchs on the weekends to mull over local developments and to wallow in good dorky english conversation. As I'm sure you are all aware, a television is the antithesis of good conversation...a konversation killa. For four years we've been going and talking all sorts of inane BS, but now there is some doubt.

My favorite bars in Philadalphia are all TV free, as the point of going out is to talk to people. If one wants to drink beer and watch TV, one stays home...right?

Well, its early going in the TV debacle, we will see how it plays out.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Indeed a tragedy. Please pass along my disappointment to Hatch. I don't want to be a curmudgeon nor do I want to seem out of step with the times, but the joy of a home bar is being able to pay full attention to both people and alcohol--a slippery slope indeed.

Ahz said...

It isn't Hatch's doing...rather that of his younger brother. I think they are learning quickly tho...the last time I was in there the TV was off....

Anonymous said...

as long as the cable stays off and you round up some quality flix at Hard-Off, you might survive. If not, just point to the old projection screen jobie if its still up to emphasize the point. give my condolences to comrade Hatch.