Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Back on track

Had a Heckuva good weekend here in the LotRS. K has finally shaken off the summer school funk that had been hanging over her like a dark cloud for the last two weeks. Thank GOD! I was starting to genuinely worry about her... but she`s back to the good ol` K I`ma gonna marry.

We had a fine Sunday...starting with the Uniqlo (think `Old Navy`).
I needed to buy some new shorts due to the fact that during the rainy season, some of my clothes never managed to dry completely and picked up a nice case of mildew. Awesome. It was easy to identify on the white t-shirts, but I didn`t notice these shorts until we were in the car on the way to the in-laws for dinner. FUNGUS PANTS! (K`s favorite new vocabulary)
So long story short, I bought new shorts. So what? So this. The size I got was NOT XL. I got me some swanky size L shorts. Down to a 35 inch waist! Made my day right there. When I touched down here in the LotRS, I was a svelte 210 lbs, filling out a 38 waist nicely.

Which brings us to point two. I joined the local gym on monday. K has been a member for years, and has been after me to join for quite a while. My coworker just joined up too, and she seems much happier. They were running a special too, so the entry fee was 10 cents. Went up today for my first session. Felt good. Also stepped on the scale. 89kgs. Not sure what that works out to exactly in pounds, but roughly 185 I think. Haven`t seen numbers approaching those since age 20. Real good.

Point three. Signed up for internet service. I won`t get it for another month, but the big thing is that I did the paperwork. I had been avoiding anything that smacked of longterm commitment for a long time...but recently I`ve been feeling much more settled and focused...and grown-up, I guess. Its about time.

Last word. K and I went to the travel agency on sunday to see about having our wedding in Hawaii. Seems extravagant, until you figure that that would almost split the difference between the US and the LotRS, making the travel burden more equitable. Also, in Japan, weddings tend to explode into expensive gaudy affairs that noone I know would be willing to put up with, K included. Hawaii will keep it simple, thus cheaper. Plus, the honeymoon can start immediately! We are still at the very very beginning of the planning stages though, so don`t go buying your aloha shirts just yet... start saving yer pennies though, cause wherever the wedding goes down, noone stateside is gonna be able to drive there.

Thats all for now team.
Cheers!

No comments: