Friday, September 08, 2006

Happy birthday to me!

Yesterday was the big 3 - 2. Yay. To celebrate, I went to my friend Kenny`s restaraunt, Mercado, for drinks after work. My friends Leslie and Mayumi and Keith and Yuki and Kaz and dave all came too. And of course, K. It was a very pleasant evening...we had some wine, and a nice bottle of sake that I got from K`s dad a few weeks ago.

I didn`t realize it at first, but the couples were all foreign guys and japanese girls. That seems to be the way it goes here in the LotRS. Lots of foreign guys with Japanese girls, but very very few Japanese guys with foreign girls. Kinda strange, huh. Really though, the foreign men tend to outnumber the foreign women here, and Japanese guys tend not to be interested in foreign girls...too much trouble I guess.

Anyway, I had a nice birthday, and me and K are going to Osaka this weekend to see some of her friends and to relax. Should be fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to you! go, 32.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, dude. Wow, 32? You're still a little guy, aren't you?