Saturday, September 02, 2006

Whew...long time no see, eh?

Sorry about that, but things have been a little tough here recently. K finally finished up the (absolutely grueling) summer sessions at her school, and is back to her regular work schedule. I am glad for her, and for me. It was tough for me to see her just shut down after about two weeks...no smiles, no laughs...just work sleep work sleep work sleep...it was like I had lost my girl completely.
She still hasn't snapped out of the funk completely, but she's getting better every day.
She did manage to shake it off for a week when she went to Spain with her parents. By all accounts, they had a wonderful time, and she wants to go back. Buenos Dias!

I tried to ease her load as much as I could during the summer sessions...fixing food for her and putting her to bed...after a while it really started to get to me...I was just tired...
But I think I'm snapping out of my August funk as well, and just in time for my birthday! Yay!
No plans for the day yet, but K and I are headed to Osaka next weekend, so a nice little getaway is all lined up.
Other than that, no realy news here...August kinda sucked, but we all got through it ok...the heat has broken here...beautiful days ahead...yay.

No comments: